There are hundreds of chest exercises and workouts to try. Everything from the classic bench press, to dumbbell press, to push ups. Building a strong chest doesn’t have to be complicated, the secret is to hit it from as many angles as possible. Additionally, it is important to use a variety of rep ranges to target as many muscle fibers as possible. Those two principles helped me get out of my chest plateau and rapidly build strength and size to my chest. To better understand your chest muscles and their functions, you can read more here.
Below are two chest workouts that should help you mix up your current routines. Let me know your thoughts and follow me on facebook, twitter, and instagram at the bottom of the page for more content like this!
Work Out 1
- Flat Bench Press. 1 set warm up, light weight 10 reps. 2 sets to failure targeted at 10 reps. 3 sets to failure targeted at 5 reps. 1 set AMRAP with warm up weight.
- Incline Bench Press. 1 Set warm up targeted at 10 reps. 3 sets to failure targeted at 8 reps.
- Decline Bench Press. 3 sets targeted at 10 reps.
- Cable Flies. 4 sets targeted at 6 reps.
- Weighted Dips. Hold a dumbbell between your thighs, use a weight that will allow you to fail at 6 reps.
Work Out 2
- Flat Bench Press. 1 set warm up, light weight 10 reps. 1 Set 15% heavier weight, 8 reps. 5 Sets to failure targeted at 5 reps.
- Incline Bench Press. 4 Sets targeted at 8 reps.
- Cable Flies. 4 sets targeted at 8 reps with a super set of pushups AMRAP
- Dips. 4 sets AMRAP
- Landmine Chest Press. 4 sets, 10 reps